From CEDAR’s earliest days creating content for our clients, we saw the need for a flexible system to manage the myriad of file and event routing as well as decisioning steps required to produce the communication result our clients needed. A few examples are:
- File handling & routing – different source systems producing data on various schedules from various access zones that need to be moved to the right place at each step
- Localized data syncs – Standard syncs from systems must be timed and executed so that other dependent process steps can safely occur
- Digital resource management – Text blocks, HTML objects, graphic files, PDF forms, RTF objects, etc. need to be moved to various locations for supporting composition and delivery
- Event scheduling or triggering – Actions must occur on a fixed schedule and/or when a triggering event occurs to properly execute the communication functional steps
- Service & system integrations – Specific system integrations (such as to providers of print, email, SMS, payment services) must be made to support the modern CX services
Most third-party technology providers expect clients to figure all this out on their own, leaving a huge hidden problem for the unsuspecting buyer and overburdened IT resources. The result is often a wide variety of one-off code tools or processes grown into a tangle over the years.
The CEDAR CX Platform has a complete workflow processing architecture with the following unique capabilities:
- File Routing & Handling – Most core administration systems produce large volumes of communications that must be processed in bulk or large datasets that required delivery to local communication processes. Our workflow engine manages millions of secure file exchanges every month to ensure data is where it needs to be when it needs to be there.
- Content Sync Processes – Once content is uploaded or authored it must be reliably routed to the myriad system destinations required by the creation and delivery services. Text blocks, graphics, PDF forms, and other resource types must be on file systems for bulk creation or web systems for real-time rendering, but only after they have been approved to be there.
- Composition Processes – Multiple types of composition engine reading multiple types of input and producing multiple output feeds (PDF, print, HTML, JSON, etc.) must all be managed to produce quality, trap errors, enable reruns, and report progress at extremely high throughput rates and within very tight Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Delivery Processes – Every delivery channel has unique requirements for optimum performance. They have unique connection, packaging, sending, throttling, error trapping, monitoring, reporting, and retry requirements that are all essential parts of enterprise-class delivery services.
- Transaction Processes – Secure communication, payment or opt-in/out processes have their own unique needs around responsiveness, assurance, auditability, certification, error trapping, and retry that are built into our workflow system.
- Archival Processes – Enterprise communications create huge loads of data that must be routed, archived, and uploaded to various storage systems at high speed with optimized performance in order to meet stringent SLA and operating cost targets.
- Governance Processes – Workflow events must be tracked, and service issues detected quickly for remediation. Audit trails and process maps must be available to pass the stringent SSAE16-SOC2, PCI Level 1, and Enterprise InfoSec audits we undertake every year.
- Database Management – A continuous stream of activity to and from our unique and foundational data model is required to keep systems running smoothly and efficiently, in order to meet the highest standards of response time, recovery time, and recovery point objectives.
In order to sustain the high level of performance, innovation, and flexibility our clients require, the CEDAR platform is:
- Complete with all the features listed above – and more
- Standardized across years and hundreds of client implementations – benefit from the collective experience and investment of CEDAR and all our clients
- Pre-integrated so there is zero risk of project surprises once your core systems are plugged into the CEDAR platform
- Extensible through the continuous addition of new edge capabilities and functional improvements applied in a consistent manner for the benefit of all clients accessible via APIs
- Business-user enabled management without internal IT cost and schedule constraints to enhance speed to market for content change
Learn how our powerful workflow engine connects your systems and customers to modern CX at a lower cost with the business compliance and control you need.