CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM), and Customer Experience Management (CXM), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
The Manager of Document Composition requires the ability to design document composition solutions, create optimal processes, plus manage a document composition department. This department is responsible for the management and setup of document composition technologies & applications. The composition department supports the creation of documents from unformatted data, optimized for print or electronic delivery. The Manager, Document Composition is a hands-on management position that requires individual contribution, as well as allocating work to appropriate team members.
Position Specific Competencies
- Document Composition Delivery: Design, configure, test, and deliver complete document composition solutions on time and of good quality. Lead a department using OpenText Exstream & additional document composition tools for the technical analysis, solution definition, and design of enterprise products, enhancements, or cutting-edge designs; developing business communication documents per client requirements. Responsible for system integration architecture and implementation strategy.
- Resource Allocation Management: Manage composition resource assignment for all active and planned projects. Assist with resource allocation and Jira backlog planning/prioritization. Requires management & mentorship of Solution Architects, Consultants, and Application Specialists.
- Scope/Estimate Review: Perform scope and estimate reviews for all composition project efforts.
- Continuous Improvement & Implementation: Provide vision on ways document composition processes and tools can be improved and manage the implementation of those changes as directed. Manager team performance initiatives: process improvements, best practices documentation, knowledge transfer, demos.
- Workflow Integration: Iteratively and proactively collaborate with cross-functional team members to integrate document composition workflows into the larger processing framework.
- Operations Support: Support Operations through issue troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation as needed. Escalation point for offshore teams. Leads/monitors remediation efforts for high or critical severity bugs or environmental issues.
Required Technical Skills
- 2 + years experience of solution architecture in the document composition space; ability to design or modify systems architecture to meet current and future business needs
- Development experience with multiple document composition tools, such as Exstream, CSF, DocuMerge, etc.
- In-depth familiarity with: advanced tables; sectioned data; XML input; print miner; dynamic file importation; pass1/pass2 functionality; driver/reference file configuration; report file configuration; control file configuration; and engine switches
- Comprehensive understanding of document manufacturing concepts and terms (Printers, Inserters, Householding, USPS standard reports, Control Marks, Barcoding schemes, etc…), as it pertains to the day-to-day life of a Composition developer.
- PostalSoft configuration experience (CASS, ACE, and NCoA)
- Technical knowledge of Adobe Postscript, HP PCL, IBM AFP (line mode, mix mode, and DS), Xerox (DJDE, and Metacode), 3211 line mode
- Technical knowledge base and experience with image files formats such as TIF, JPG, and GIF
- Experience with Workflow and Document Management Concepts
- Experience with interactive forms-based PDF documents
- Experience with RTF format
- Unix shell scripting
- 4+ years’ experience managing or leading teams
- Ability to interpret business requirements and implement necessary product configurations
- Ability to work independently, with minimal management, and drive tasks to completion
- Strong problem-solving skills
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred, Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Heath Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Matching 401k
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking