CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM), and Customer Experience Management (CXM), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
CEDAR currently seeks to hire an experienced Systems Administrator to our Infrastructure Operations Department. Our applications run on Linux & Windows systems. If you enjoy making a direct impact on business, plus the rewards & challenges that come with job ownership – then this could be the job for you. This is a technical position involving a complex multi-service production environment.
Position Specific Competencies
- Systems Administration: Support day to day operations including (but not limited to) user requests, file support requests, security requests, and availability.
- Installation and Configuration: Build, install, and upgrade systems, software, and services in accordance with best practices.
- Backup and Recovery: Perform and test backups in a timely manner. Perform restorations as required.
- Capacity Planning and Monitoring: Monitor availability, capacity, performance, and security. Remediate constraints before they become issues.
- Project Support: Support projects by providing systems, services, documentation, and subject matter expertise.
- Issue Resolution: Analyze, coordinate, and assist with resolution of service and server related issues.
- Documentation: Document changes, and issues as they relate to servers, and services.
- Strong experience supporting Linux (RHEL/Oracle Linux) and Windows-based systems in a multi-site environment
- 4+ years system administration & system design/build experience in a commercial production setting
- Ability to coordinate with management to support operational, development, and QA activities
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools (Ansible playbook and CLI experience preferred)
- Experience managing large numbers of remote systems ( > 500 ) using both command-line & GUI-based tools
- Demonstrated competence in Linux/Windows security concepts and best practices
- Experience with VMware vSphere (1-2 years with v5.1+ preferred)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and practices with regards to networks, firewalls (OS and application-based), and load balancers.
- Experience with Linux/Windows Administration of direct-attached storage (SAN) and network-attached storage (NFS, CIFS, etc)
- Solid understanding of change management concepts and practices (application updates, security patches, firmware updates, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience using source control tools such as CVS and SVN
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Knowledge of various security implementation ( PKI, sFTP )
- Competence in other languages, such as Python, PHP, or Java
- Ability to work with a diverse high-performance team in a fast-paced 24x7x365 setting with on-call duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT preferred
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Heath Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking