CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM), and Customer Experience Management (CXM), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
The ExStream Solution Technologist works in the Document Composition department at CEDAR. This department is responsible for the management and setup of document composition technologies & applications. The composition department supports the creation of documents from unformatted data, optimized for print or electronic delivery.
Position Specific Competencies
- Project Delivery: Works independently with occasional direction from Lead or Solution Architect. Design, configure, test, and deliver complete document composition solutions on time and of good quality. Requires some moderate knowledge transfer to the client.
- ExStream Development: Developer of moderate to complex Exstream applications. Use HP Exstream to design and develop business communication documents per client requirements.
- Workflow Integration: Iteratively and proactively collaborate with cross-functional team members to integrate document composition workflows into the larger processing framework. Some data transformation – moderate XSLT maintenance. Maintain moderate to complex workflows, write simple perl/bash scripts, build basic composition workflow.
- Operations Support: Support Operations through moderate issue troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation as needed. Delegates complex issues to appropriate staff.
Required Technical Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in the development, testing, support & configuration of OpenText Exstream applications.
- Experience with advanced tables; sectioned data; XML input; print miner; dynamic file import; pass1/pass2 functionality; driver/reference file configuration; report file configuration; control file configuration; and engine switches.
- General understanding of document manufacturing concepts and terms (Printers, Inserters, Householding, USPS standard reports, Control Marks, Barcoding schemes)
Bonus Technical Skills
- PostalSoft configuration experience (CASS, ACE and NCoA)
- Technical knowledge of Adobe Postscript, HP PCL, IBM AFP (line mode, mix mode, and DS), Xerox (DJDE, and Metacode), 3211 line mode
- Technical knowledge base and experience with image files formats such as TIF, JPG, and GIF
- Experience with Workflow and Document Management Concepts
- Experience with interactive forms-based PDF documents
- Experience with RTF format
- Unix shell scripting
- Ability to interpret business requirements and implement necessary product configurations
- Ability to work independently, with minimal management, and drive tasks to completion
- Strong problem solving and people skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
> Never pay a deductible with our Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Matching 401k
- 15 vacation days + 7 PTO days + 6 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Many opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking
- Opportunity to move into a development role or a technical BA role in the future