The Data Transformation Analyst is a mid-level position responsible for the analysis, mapping, and transformation of varied client input data formats, to an XML framework that will be read and processed by multiple downstream systems. This position requires expert use of both proprietary and publically available coding and mapping tools which are used to create an XML framework that meets all project specifications and requirements. The analyst will work closely with Project Managers, and varied cross functional team members all working toward a unified goal.
CEDAR is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Strategic Document Outsourcing (SDO), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) and Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
XML Creation: Design, configure, and test, all levels of Data Transformation projects through advanced use of a wide array of data-to-XML mapping and editing tools, meeting or exceeding all project dates and deadlines, with near zero defects.
XML Delivery: Check in code at least weekly following Cedar version control standards, plus package and hand off all work via well documented hand off artifacts in using the Jira management platform.
Requirements and Gap Analysis: Thoroughly analyze and understand client data and collaborate with client or client-facing resources to reconcile data expectations with the actual data. Bring awareness to gaps in a well communicated, timely manner.
Workflow Integration: Iteratively and proactively collaborate with cross-functional team members to create XML or associated data feeds that support downstream systems and software.
Confluence Documentation: Thoroughly document the Data Transformation process for all deployments and Change Requests. Keep documentation current as client configurations evolve.
Jira: Use Jira to support Data Transformation issues and bugs – work assigned issues in a timely manner while proactively and regularly communicating status and technical details through ticket comments. Escalate as required.
Required Technical Skills:
- 3+ years of business system data analysis
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis, formatting, and mapping
- Demonstrable experience with XML, and XSLT
- Demonstrable ability to navigate complex data, identifying gaps in both data, and requirements
- Understand XML elements, arrays and attributes
- Experience with Regular Expressions
- Familiarity with documents like Invoices, Statements, EOB, Insurance Policies, Letters, Bills, and more
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage several concurrent projects
Bonus Technical Skills
- XML Schema and DTD knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, computer science preferred
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking