CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Strategic Document Outsourcing (SDO), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) and Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners
Our Application Services Department supports CEDAR software that our clients utilize to communicate with their customers and partners. The technology stack that our Application Support Analysts use on a daily basis consists of Linux, SQL, and various scripting languages. This is a challenging position with good opportunities for career growth.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Issue Resolution: Assists with issue resolution and/or root cause analysis of operational issues, utilizing tools such as Java, Python, Oracle Databases, BASH, and Selenium to debug code and data issues in complex workflows and applications. Participates in daily Issue Status meetings. Follows issue remediation policies.
- Monitoring and Assurance: Monitors production processing, outputs and services to ensure that agreed levels of service and other quality metrics are being met. Ensures that processing exceptions are reported for remediation.
- Software Release Promotion Activities: Participates in software release management and system configuration for application changes. Adheres to deployment and hot fix standards.
- Documentation and Procedures: Understands and follows process documentation. Documents procedures, services, issues, and changes as required.
- Programming knowledge (C, PHP, Java, etc.).
- Able to prove self via proprietary test at CEDAR that tests SQL and UNIX knowledge & skill level.
- Open to peak load and on-call responsibilities, which may result in after-hour and weekend work.
- Strong problem solving abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with operation teams, DBAs, software delivery teams, and infrastructure teams to deliver mission critical services.
- Strong personal accountability for applications and systems under their operational control.
Nice to have
- 1+ years of experience supporting complex applications on Unix-based systems.
- 1+ years of experience in relational database SQL to aid testing scenarios and issue resolution.
- 1+years of experience in automated testing using proprietary and custom tools.
- Experience in Python, Perl, or another scripting language in order to debug existing scripts.
- Solid understanding of application change management.
- Computer Science / IT Major that has completed classes that teach the UNIX/Linux Operating System & SQL, or equivalent experience required.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Never pay a deductible with our Heath Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- 22 days PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Casual dress
- Flexible work hours
- Fun, fast-paced environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- 25 cent snacks
- Free covered parking